Thursday, September 28, 2017

And There Was Storage On Andrew's Computer...

Like a kid at Christmas, I woke up early this morning before dawn and immediately rushed to my computer to gloat over my new hard drive and solid-state drive. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Yeah, I need a life, but computers and computer parts are the most fun my life offers at the moment and always have. I have been just thrilled to death. 

The installation went without a hitch. I carefully installed the drives with my anti-static wrist strap attached, connected the data and power cables, and then turned on the computer with apprehension and crossed fingers. Everything booted up fine with a hearty sigh from me. Yes, I had to initialize and format the drives in disk management for them to be available for use. That was the first step I took when I didn't see them in the drive panel shown below. I then screwed the case cover back on and deemed this computer to be fit for use. 


No comments: