Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Feeling of Impending Doom...


"Why are you so nervous and fidgety?" dad asked me as we pulled out of my neighborhood for the short jaunt to WOW!.

"Something is going to go wrong," I told him. "Nothing's never easy when concerning these cable TV and internet providers."

"Well, hope for the best," dad told me turning his gaze back to the road.

"What can I help you with gentlemen?" the receptionist asked as we stepped into an empty lobby.

"Yes, I want to change my plan," I explained, "I want to get the 500 Mbps internet, drop my cable, and keep my phone."

The lady got on the computer and started to furiously type away.

"You can only have the 110 Mbps internet on your plan," she told me with a guarded smile.

"Well, let's change plans then," I told her sternly.

The lady said she had to talk to her supervisor and would call us back. Dad gave her his cellphone number.

"I'll work hard to get you what you want," she said and then my father and I left to drive home.

"I told you so," I said to my father as I climbed into his car. "I told you it wouldn't be easy."

3 comments:

amelia said...

Why wouldn't it be easy? If you're paying for a service, surely you can get what you want?

diana said...

It may not be available in your area yet. They tend to roll things out in pockets.

Also if you signed a contract, blah blah, there is always something with cabe companies.

glittermom said...

Cable company’s usually have packages to chose from, you can’t just pick and chose what you want. There are company’s that offer Internet.