Friday, November 10, 2017

Debit or Die Trying!

"Oh, by the way," I told my father sheepishly tonight as he handed me my medications, "I debited a lot of sandwich fixins at the Piggly Wiggly this afternoon."

"How much did you spend?" my father asked warily.

"I spent twenty dollars," I replied.

Not another word was said about it and here I thought we were going to get into one hell of a fuss.

The Piggly Wiggly branded "King" bread was some of the softest and freshest bread I've eaten in a long time. I also got some Kraft cheese singles and two packs of bologna that was on sale. The cheese was on sale as well so I got the last two packs.

Step Up! Step Down!

Mom used to have this little portable step for exercising. I brought it in the den to show my father what she would do with it. Then she would make me do it for 25 to 30 minutes because I was a little fat pudgy kid who needed to lose weight.  Dad laughed and laughed.

"Get back on it and show me how she did it again," dad said chocking back a another hearty laugh.

Maggie uses it to jump up on the computer room bed these days. My little furry daughter managed to learn this trick in record time. It was that or sleep on the chilly floor by the bed.

"What time is the ballgame tommorrow?" I then asked my father abruptly changing the subject.

"It starts at 3:30 pm our time," my father said.

"Is Charlie bringing me my medications?" I asked.

"Alright Martha," dad said laughing some more. "The devil is in the details and always was for you two."

"I'll talk to Charlie about it tonight," dad said as he was leaving. "He'll probably call me about it instead. He'll be worried about you."

No comments: