Monday, November 06, 2017

Lonely Little Old Toad...

Lonely little old toad. I'd say that's me...

I was just sitting on the steps to the back-deck and it is just gorgeous outside -- 70° degrees and and a sky full of morning sunshine. Maggie loves to strut her stuff during these moments --- running fiercely at squirrels and birds alike. She is showing off for me and showing me what she can do. "You can count on me, Andrew," is probably what she would say if she could talk. Me? I'm too old and crotchety to be running at birds this early in the morning.

Maggie and I split the last two eggs in the carton and I made some pimento cheese toast in the oven this morning. The toast was marvelous and ah so cheesy and gooey. Maggie seems to ignore the jalapeno peppers that reside in this store bought cheese spread. "This stuff is spicy!" dad said the other day as he enjoyed it on Waverly crackers.

No comments: