Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Chapter One: If You Believe They Put a Man on the Moon...

We never made it grocery shopping last night despite my father's almost overwhelming and overbearing urging. He was angry and pouting with me as we sat on the couch and I took my medications. There was also an uncomfortably long silence as we sat there. I turned on the television.

I just didn't feel well mentally and I held my ground. Mental illness always expresses itself in adverse behavior and this is something my father has never grasped. When someone is sick, you help them and don't berate them. Dad should have gone and gotten me something to eat and drink and it would have gone a long ways to making me feel better. At least, he did bring my six diet Cokes last night.

"You've got to be hungry," he said to me.

"Not so hungry as to join the fray tonight," I replied back.

I can't remember the last time I missed writing about my grocery store adventures. This leaves me eating dry cereal (all the food I have in my house) as I am out of milk and I don't feel like going out to get something to eat. To look on the bright side of things, at least I have something to eat.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

No goodies in the freezer?