Sunday, November 19, 2017

My Cup Runneth Over After a Slightly Longish Delay...


10:30 am rolled around and Charlie had still not arrived with our usual Sunday morning biscuits.  I gathered up some serious moxie and called his cellphone. Charlie can be funny about such things thinking you are hurrying him up.  I hate talking on the phone as well. Charlie's wife, Janice, answered.

"He forgot to take his phone with him," Janice explained. "He's off to a very late start this morning. I am hungry for a biscuit as well. "

I was just glad he was okay. My vivid imagination conjured up car wrecks and severe illnesses.

Soon, I heard Maggie start yelping gleefully as Charlie pulled up to the curb.

"The biscuit man is running late," Charlie said as I met him halfway across my front lawn.

"It is cold as shit out here and you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt," I told Charlie chuckling.

"What do you want for supper?" Charlie then asked me.

"My usual chicken pot pie fill-up and don't forget or eat my cookie!" I exclaimed.

"I am going to start calling you the cookie monster," Charlie said smiling as he was getting into his car.

OMG! WOW!?


I just have gotten a call from a WOW! customer service representative. I asked him what was causing the holdup and he said he just got the "work order" this morning. He was going to try his best to fulfill my wishes. I explained to him that I no longer want cable (this always stymies them). I want the 500 Mbps internet with voice over IP instead of a traditional phone.

"Do you want to rent the equipment from us?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied.

I couldn't convince my father into buying a cable modem and voice over IP equipment.

"I am going to call you tomorrow and set up a time to exchange your modem," he said. "What will be a good time?"

"As early as possible," I told him. "I will be here all day."

Getting that modem changed is the key to my master plan. Then, I will have much faster internet.

No comments: