Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Chapter Two: Dogs Will Be Dogs...

I've got all the windows opened up in this old house. It is 71° degrees outside which would usually feel chilly to me, but this night air feels nice and cool on my skin. The only mar on the night is that Maggie's got her panties in a twist over something. All the neighborhood dogs do as well. This just urges her on to even greater fits of barking. I am drowning her out aurally with a Norah Jones CD. It sounds nice I might add. It is her 2002 breakthrough album, Come Away With Me.

Soon, my father will be over here to give me my medications. He has worked all day. I am sure he will try to cajole me into going to the grocery store once again. The peer pressure will be in full force tonight. I still don't feel well and would like to just us drive to the Piggly Wiggly and get some milk. I still have a big bag and a half of Kroger frosted flakes left. I would also like a hamburger and a big ass Coke. All this seems like climbing an Everest or two to me at the moment, though. I will have to read my father's mood carefully tonight.

No comments: