Monday, November 20, 2017

Round and Round We Go -- The Seasons Melt Like Snow...


I am in a mood for giving thanks for all I have today. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Why not? It is the reason for the season.

I have so many things to be thankful for. Especially a family who loves me and wasn't going to let me be just another drunken mentally ill homeless statistic. Dad fought me both tooth and nail to get me on medications for my mental illness. He can have a bulldog like tenacity about such things. For many years, he has been coming by to give me my medications everyday. They got me stabilized and sober and my father then gave me a house and a car.

"The best thing you ever did for me was bringing Maggie into my life," I admirably told my father a moment ago sitting in his den as we took my medications.

I will never forget my father standing at my front door with a little flea ridden, whimpering puppy he had found in a trash can out at the rest area on the interstate.

"She's been a good companion to you," my father replied with a warm smile. "She certainly has a ton of personality."

My veterinarian says Maggie won the Georgia lottery when we adopted her as part of our family.

No comments: