Monday, November 27, 2017

Call Me Mr. Clean...

A past Christmas tree at Andrew's
Last night was the deadline for getting my whole house sparkling clean. I've been working on it all week in spurts. I was a flurry of busy activity all day yesterday. Charlie and my father were dazzled and more so bedazzled when they saw my house last night as they brought my Sunday evening supper. Of course, Charlie found something to clean as well and worked on my bathroom sink for a good while. The bathroom was the hardest room to tackle for me. It looked like a bunch of homeless people took a bath in my sink.

"I'm ready to go home and eat my fried chicken before it gets too cold," my father told me grumbling as we sat in the den watching the Weather Channel.

He said that last week as well as Charlie cleaned my kitchen and took out the trash.

Charlie was doing his thing. He is the master of cleaning. I will never forget when my dishwasher leaked and Charlie had the water cleaned up in a matter of minutes. Boy, did he come in the nick of time.

Today, I am putting up my Christmas decorations in the front yard and on the front of the house. I started last night, but I got cold and came inside. I have to wait awhile for my Christmas tree as I like live trees and it would get too dry by Christmas if I get one now. Dad just told me to wait two more weeks.

"Let me know when is a good time for you to give me my medications," I just told my father very delicately.

"Let's make it 2 pm," he told me which thrilled me to death.

It will make for a nice relaxed afternoon and a good primer for getting my groceries tonight. As part of the conditions of cleaning my house, my father is supposed to go out to WOW!'s office to see what is taking them so long today, but I didn't push the issue. He's content watching that ballgame all day on YouTube and I will let him be. #6 Auburn beat #1 Alabama and it was like Christmas come early for my father and brother.

No comments: