Tuesday, November 28, 2017

It is Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

The outside Christmas lights are up and lit. I'll put up a photo after dark. It is amateurish at best unlike my father's refined and frou frou Christmas decor that I've got to help him put up this weekend. Putting up his Christmas decorations is meticulous and tiresome. We need to breathe some fun into like pass out cocktails to an audience who can cajole and heckle us.

I am going to override my father and buy my Christmas tree Saturday. I can't wait to put it up. I will have to get some of that Christmas tree preserver and keep it well watered. I have a very nice stand to put in on with a large water reservoir.

When I was a kid, my mother began taking down the Christmas decorations Christmas night. We would get in the biggest fights over that. I will leave them up to New Year's Day.

"Martha, let them enjoy Christmas," I can hear my father say in my mind's eye.

Mom wasn't having any of that. She wanted it done and over with.

That Meddling Mental Illness...

The cycling continues. A few weeks ago, I couldn't sleep at all and now I sleep all night.  And? The Magster and I took a 5-hour nap this afternoon. I hope I sleep tonight, though. The Magster loved us piling up in the bed and sleeping like that. I was just going to take a quick nap as I got up at 7 am and that is early for me.

No comments: