Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Cavalry Couldn't Have Arrived Sooner...

I've got to start going to my family functions. I need a nice haircut, shave, and some nice clothes. I also quite possibly need the right frame of mind as well.

I got so lonely here today by myself and Maggie slept the whole day away without a care in the world. She slept until I mentioned Charlie was coming tonight. She then got in the window on the back of the couch and held vigil.

Charlie finally arrived at 7 pm and I have never been so grateful to see such a soul. The cavalry, as I love to call it, had arrived.

"Andrew!!!" Charlie excitedly hollered from his granddaughter's car as I walked out to help him bring everything inside.

He had his hands full of stuff for me. I had a big plate of Thanksgiving food from lunch, two regular Coca-Colas, a bag of ice, six diet Coca-Colas, a packet of cigarettes, and a big bag of medications for me to take.

On an interesting note, Charlie and I were discussing some of Horsefly's famous phrases...
  • I gotta go make some stink...(as kids we would snicker and giggle when Horsefly would say this)
  • I love my covers...(he will say this very affectionately as he squeezes your arm)
  • Everybody bowls a gutter-ball sometimes...
  • I am gonna stomp my feet at Johnny Otis...(angry rantings)
  • I am going to fart on Brother Gene Webb's desk...(this meant the shit was about to hit the fan)

No comments: