Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Mind the Hash...

"Go ahead and eat before your cornbread gets soggy," dad told me tonight after arriving for the medication ritual. .

He had brought two gallons of milk, homemade corned beef hash, cornbread, diet cokes, and medications. I felt like it was Christmas and told my father so. I was just going to crumble my cornbread into the hash anyways so his worries about my cornbread getting soggy were for naught.

"We are dropping a shit load of pills," alarmingly I told my father tonight. "I found three Klonopin, one Coreg, and a Depokote behind the couch cushions.

He told me we are going to have to be more careful from now on.

Sleep!!!

I finally got some sleep today. I haven't slept for days. I slept from noon to eight tonight. I feel so groggy right now. I joked with dad that I felt like I had taken a handful of Xanax. I could only wish as I would go back to bed if that were so. Maggie was actually the one who woke me up. She was tired of all this sleeping business and being lonely as I slumbered. Every time I would close my eyes again she would bark as she sat next to the bed watching me. I felt disgruntled as I got up for the day.

Planning Ahead...

I just called my father to tell him how good his hash was. He eats it up when I call him like that about his cooking. I also needed a small favor.

"Will you put and extra pack of cigarettes on the back porch?" I asked my father.

"It is going to get wet," dad replied.

"It has a waterproof cellophane coating you have to tear off," I then replied back.

He said he would put them out. I didn't want to wake him up late tonight just for that. I might not need them anyway I told him. Just playing it safe, you know?

No comments: