Monday, November 27, 2017

Jermaine to the Left and Freedom to the Right...


A record-breaking grocery shopping trip tonight. I left the house at nine and returned home at nine thirty. I was a man on a mission tonight and knew exactly what I wanted and where it was at. My only impulse buy was a $1.49 big bottle of cranberry juice cocktail that was on sale. I ended up spending only $71 Papa pleasing dollars.

"I'm headed to the grocery store," I had previously told my father over the phone. "Meet me there and I will probably be finished shopping by the time you arrive."

And I was right! My father came walking into the store as I stood to the side of an aisle ready to check out. I was waiting for him.

Earlier, as I walked into Kroger, I heard Jermaine talking away and I headed in the opposite direction towards produce past the checkout aisles. Bless ya heart good buddy, but I wasn't in the mood for any jibber jabber tonight.

I had a moment of price or pleasure as well. They finally had my lemon meringue pies in stock. Two were left and they were on sale for $4.99. I almost bought two but chickened out fearing it would be too expensive. In hindsight, I should've bought two and thrown caution to the wind.

No comments: