Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Pacts With Mephistopheles?

My father just called me from work with encouraging and uplifting news. I desperately needed a good and heaping dosage of positivism.

"Your injection is this Thursday," he said. "That may be why you are struggling so. I've already filled the prescription and you are ready to go."

I'll gladly bare my bum for posterity's sake.

"Well, I am working to get myself together for tonight's grocery shopping foray," I replied to my father. "I've shaved and I've got clean clothes drying in the dryer."

"Good for you!" my father replied excitably.

We missed grocery shopping last night as I couldn't just get it together enough for us to go. That's two Mondays in a row.

"Now, we are going to the WOW! office tomorrow, but I want you to do something in turn for me," my father said. "I want you to get your house super clean by this weekend. Be thinking of the cleaning supplies you need to get at the grocery store tonight."

I said I would and my father encouraged me to make a list of the cleaning supplies I needed.

No comments: