Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Waiting for the Sun to Shine in...

Gosh, it gets so dark so very early that it can be depressing. As a child, I suffered terribly and severely from SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder. It still gets to me as a grown man sometimes. I want summer, warmth, and lightning bugs back from their hiatus.

I spent two hours this afternoon hoping to see some trains and didn't see not one freight come roaring through town. I sat on the same bench my homeless friend, Ferret, slept on years ago.

"If you ever get homeless and have to sleep on that bench," he would tell me. "Get some cardboard out of the Pig's dumpster to insulate you. That cold concrete will sap the heat and life right out of your ass."

He would also complain about all the trains that would wake him up at night. I wonder sometimes what happened to all of them -- the gang that George and I hung-out with in Cherry Valley Shopping Center.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I wonder to....you and Rosa were close...is George still out of prison? Have you seen him around ?