Saturday, November 04, 2017

Charlie is My Keeper...

My father just called. He is headed to my sister's house in Alex City to watch the Auburn game that starts at noon. He sounded in much better spirits this morning. He was Mr. Cranky Pants last night.

"Now Martha! Charlie is bringing your medications before he takes Horsefly to the movies," dad told me with a laugh.

He knew I was going to ask and he headed me off at the pass.

"What time do you think?" I asked.

Dad sounded like he was talking inside a fishbowl. I think it is time for a new iPhone.

"I would say around 2 pm," he told me. "Now your mother would ask a question like that! How do I know what time Charlie is coming?"

Harrumph...

I am sure Charlie will call soon with an ETA and then ask me what I want for lunch as is his custom. If I just get a coke on ice, then I will be fine.

No comments: