Thursday, November 16, 2017

That Darned Dog...


Maggie was doing the "I'm hungry" song and dance for me awhile ago. She can be quite insistent. 

"You've got plenty of dog food sweetheart," I told her as she crawled in between my legs as I sat at this computer. "You've got a bowl of venison and turkey in here and in the laundry room."

She really wanted my attention and she certainly didn't want dog food.

"Do you want a chicken pot pie?" I asked as I got up and headed to the kitchen with Maggie close behind me.

That's one of Maggie's favorite people foods and she knows those words well.

I cooked the pot pie for eight minutes and then I let it cool before giving it to the Magster. What does she do when I gave it to her? She drug it through the dog door and buried it. It was definitely a face palm moment for me. Now, she is still doing the "I'm hungry" song and dance, The possums and raccoons are going to have a feast tonight.

2 comments:

Jan said...

My late husband's dog loved junior frosties from Wendy's. He would take a few slurps and then bury the rest in my flower bed!

Jane said...

she's so cute!