Monday, November 13, 2017

You Make My Stormy Skies Beautiful...


I woke up with the funks as I call them -- others would call them the doldrums. I called my father and asked him if we could go out to the WOW! office and change my cable and internet. He will not call for some obstinate reason. It would take 30 minutes and that certainly would lift my spirits. I am chomping at the bit of the prospects of having 500 Mbps internet as I languish with 30 Mbps internet currently. This WOW! business has been going on for three weeks now and dad keeps stalling.

"Babe, I'm watching the Auburn/Georgia game on YouTube and haven't gotten dressed. I promise you we will go Wednesday," my father said.

Well, that sunk me to new lows for the day. Then, I thought of all the good things in my life. I evoked my Auschwitz Mantra as I often have to do. Hell, I even said the serenity prayer as well. Any person imprisoned in that concentration camp would trade places with me in a heartbeat. They would love to tackle my seemingly trifle problems. Life is just not fair sometimes and I have to come to terms with that.

No comments: