Thursday, November 02, 2017

Notes From the Medication Chronicles: Glory Be! Heavens to Betsy!

Well, look who came pulling up in front of my house as I sat at this computer. Maggie went nuts in the den and I sure knew it was Charlie then. The beta dog had returned home to great fanfare.

"Your Jewish friend has brought you a jumbo-sized coke at a minimal cost," Charlie said laughing as he walked across the yard.

The ex-large Cokes at McDonald's are only $1 dollar. This rivals any other fast food joint in the bunch.

Charlie gave me my medications and then had a moment of intimacy with Maggie on the couch. Maggie ate up every bit of this attention. I wonder if this is Maggie's version of heaven?

"Let me get your trash up and then I am taking Horsefly bowling," Charlie said. "He is sitting in the car and ready to go. Then we will eat our chicken tenders from KFC."

Charlie managed to wrangle up two big bags of trash and was soon headed out the door.

"Does Maggie have food and water?" Charlie asked as he was standing at my front door.

"She's got plenty," I replied. "Don't you worry. Maggie could live off of love."

"Love you," Charlie said.

"I love you, too, fella!" I told him.

And just like that, Charlie was gone. He walked across my front lawn and was soon on his way to take Horsefly bowling,

No comments: