Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Chapter Three: My Best Laid Plans Come to Fruition...


I called my father at 8:30 pm. He was driving up 29 on the way to my house. He said he was extremely glad to be off work.

"Ten hours is a long day," he rightfully told me.

"Now hear me out. Can you meet me at the Piggly Wiggly? We are going to have to hurry to get there before they close at 9 pm. I want a gallon of milk and a soda to take my medications with. We can take my medications sitting in your car."

Absolutely amazingly he went for it. I sat in my CR-V in the parking lot awaiting my father's arrival. Dad and I bought some milk and a Sunkist soda once he had arrived. I told him of my conundrum of having plenty of cereal, but zero milk. We took my medications sitting in his car. It worked out well as my parent's house is just up the street from the Piggly Wiggly so it wasn't out of dad's way.

"I've come to the conclusion you are right," my father said to me. "Your mental illness does come and go. You were a real rat's ass last night."

We hugged each other as we chuckled and then told each other goodnight.

"I am getting in my pajamas, pouring me a glass of fine vintage Merlot, and then it is TV time," my father told me.

No comments: