Wednesday, November 22, 2017

You Bunch of Jive Turkeys!

a. One who speaks as though they know what they're talking about...though they do not. b. a bullshitter.

Dad bought the biggest turkey I have ever seen. It must weigh 30 pounds. It has taken a week for it to defrost. It is now in the oven and will take hours more for it to cook. Dad said he got up at eight this morning and started cooking.

Dad's kitchen smelled wonderful as I stepped through the back door. There were a lot of concoctions bubbling away on the top of his stove.

"I've got to feed 30 people tomorrow," dad told me a moment ago almost with an air of boasting.

I had stopped by to get a pack of cigarettes out of his coat closet.

"You're welcome to come tomorrow," my father told me.

He didn't believe me when I told him such conflagrations were mentally painful for me. My father is the epitome of an extrovert. I'm your quintessential introvert and wallflower.

"Well, I will make sure you get a big plate of food," he told me. "Charlie will probably bring it by late evening tomorrow some time."

No comments: