Friday, November 17, 2017

The Chuck-Wagon Rolled into Town or Simply Bacon Beckons...

I started a pot of coffee this morning, but didn't drink a drop. I just like the smell of it mingled with the smell of frying bacon. It reminds me so much of my grandmother and the summers I would spend with her on her farm.

Maggie wasn't about to miss a chance at bacon and she was underfoot the whole time I was cooking. I also made a big pot of bubbly, buttery grits. I think those Spanish folks call it polenta.

I am anxiously awaiting news from my father and WOW! I just looked up my modem's specs on the web and it is DOCSIS 2.0 compliant. That means to obtain the internet speed I want, then they will have to upgrade my modem to the DOCSIS 3.0 standard. WOW! touts that they have award winning customer service. So far it has been lackluster for me. We got the ball rolling Wednesday and dad and I have yet to hear one peep out of them. The next step they will most likely take is making an appointment to swap out my cable modem.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

I don't understand why it is such a difficult task for you to get the cable company to switch your plan seems like shotty customer service to me.