Thursday, November 16, 2017

I Feel Like a Million and One Bucks this Morning...


Rebecca gave me my injection this morning and the feeling it imparted was almost immediate like an adrenaline rush.

"Woah, I got dizzy there," I told Rebecca as a sat down for a moment to gather myself.

"Are you going to be able to drive?" my nurse cautiously asked.

"I got my first full unbroken night's sleep in weeks last night as well," I told her happily. "This is just the icing on the cake."

I explained to her how my mental illness cycles. It seems the pendulum is swinging my way at the moment. I told her I also loved to feel extraordinary.

Dee Dee hollered War Eagle as I stepped into the reception area all buzzy headed to get my next appointment card. It seems I am always wearing something Auburn related when I arrive to get my injection. I told her War Eagle back to play along.

"Can you believe we beat the number one team in the nation?" Dee Dee asked.

"We didn't beat them," I replied. "We humiliated them."

Feeling more clear and level headed, I drove the short drive to the pharmacy to give my father the next appointment card. As usual, highway 29 was a quagmire of traffic.

"That didn't take but ten minutes," he said astonished.

He studied the next appointment card closely for a few moments to make sure I actually got my injection. I grabbed my two customary sodas and headed hone. I got some cherry Cokes this week and they were delicious.

No comments: