Thursday, December 07, 2017

A Recipe for Baneful Bitchiness...

What I hope to see in the morning!
I told Charlie yesterday that if I have a little oversight then all his cleaning will stay clean. I told this to my father as well last night.  Well, Charlie stopped by tonight to check my bathroom and kitchen which he worked so hard to clean after my feeble efforts were met with a milquetoast and blase reception.

"Looking good!" he told me looking in both rooms.

He peered into the fridge as well.

"Your lemon meringue pie looks delicious," he said.

Then Charlie told me he was in a terrible mood and so was Horsefly who was currently at the bowling alley. Thankfully, I am sensitive about such matters and he didn't direct any bitchiness towards me.

"The weather is just deplorable and Horsefly didn't want to eat his supper. I sat in the drive-thru line at KFC for 30 minutes to get his chicken strips," Charlie furthered.

Papa's just left as well. He just missed Charlie by 15 minutes. He was bringing me my diet Cokes and my cigarettes. The Cokes were just ice cold from sitting in his car all day which added a nice perk to the evening. It's cold here!

"Now, you try to conserve those cigarettes," he told me. "They are godawful expensive."

Dad pays for all my cigarettes. He says disability money shouldn't be spent on addictions and he is right. I agree.

"Let me look at your bathroom," he said, "Looking good and let's keep it this way."

There is Also a Recipe For Snow...

The ultra-conservative National Weather Service is saying we might just get an inch, but The Weather Channel says no. Right now the temperature is 39° degrees which doesn't look so promising. The Weather Service said we should change over to snow about 4 am in the morning and snow all day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jane said...

how much do ciggs cost there?

skinny minny said...

It is snowing here in my neck of the woods in south Texas. It's been a while since we've had snow here. Not sure how I feel about it. It's fine as long as it doesn't stick to the roads or melt then freeze on the roads...I have to go to work in the morning...