Friday, December 01, 2017

Let's Break Some Bread Together...


"I'm headed to the Piggly Wiggly to get some bread," I told my father.

"What happened to all the bread you bought at Kroger Monday?" dad asked incredulously.

"The sandwich white I bought is stale and you can't eat it," I replied. "The honey wheat I bought was delicious, but I have run out. I still have a whole canister of chicken salad to eat and some pimento cheese spread as well."

Dad mumbled something about me going to Kroger and to see if they would give me a fresh loaf. I wasn't about to get entangled in all of that for a $1.99 loaf of Sunbeam bread.

I am more impressed every time I go to the Piggly Wiggly. They've been under new management for a few months now. The store is well lit and squeaky clean. The food is fresh, and the customer service is top notch.  I grabbed a loaf of Piggly Wiggly "King" white sandwich bread and headed home after checking out with the help of a delightful and cute young lady who actually smiled and said hello.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

Sorry that your bread was stale. I eat store bought bread so rarely that it is a sad time when I get stale bread. Could make bread pudding with it...if you were so inclined...

Ivy Green said...

Two words: French Toast

"See you at the Pig!"