Sunday, December 03, 2017

An Egg McMuffin Morning...

Hey! That's not Charlie!
Late last night, I heard this extremely loud screeching and squelching noise, and then dead silence coming from the front of the house. I feared it was my coveted home theater.

I got up to investigate as Maggie jumped off the bed to follow me. It turned out to be my alarm clock I've had for 20 plus years. It had decided to give up the ghost. I quickly unplugged it fearing it was a fire hazard. It was making a buzzing noise.

It was chilly in my house so I was quickly back under my still warm covers as Maggie followed my lead once again. I woke up this morning with Maggie as close as she could get to me. That is such a good feeling. Mags and I are two peas in a pod. I got up and turned on some heat.

Your Kitchen Needs a Makeover...

Charlie arrived late this morning with breakfast. Bless his dear soul, he has been bringing breakfast biscuits for years now. I welcomed him inside and he went directly to and looked at my kitchen.

"Your kitchen isn't bad, but it could use some spit and polish," Charlie told me. "We will start to work on it tonight when I bring your KFC supper."

I am sure my father is just going to love that (sarcasm).

After Charlie left, I washed all the dishes in my sink and carried out all the trash. I also wiped clean all my countertops. I wanted to minimise the impact on him tonight. No matter how much I prepare, he will still find something to clean tonight. Time to go polish my glass top stove.

No comments: