Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Whew! I Almost Goofed Up! More of Andrew's Follies!


Yesterday, on a whim, I checked out Charter internet (a 100 Mbps speed) and gave them my information in an inquiry over the internet. Well, almost instantly a lovely young lady called me and wanted to set up an account. It shocked me the call was so fast. I had just hit the submit button. I played along until it came time to give her my billing information.

"I can't give that kind of information out over the phone," I told her thinking of what my father would do if I gave them my debit account card number.

"You can go down to the Lanett office and pay your first month's bill," she kindly and chirpily told me.

I mumbled something deliriously and got off the phone. I had just been hornswoggled. She had set a 8 am time for them to come and set up my new internet which now I didn't want. My father would go apeshit bananas even though the bill would be only $49.99 a month. We've all worked so hard to get my WOW! account upgraded.

This morning I got up around 7 am and fixed the Magster and I some eggs, bacon, and cheese grits. I was sweating bullets about the time 8 am rolled around. Were they coming to install Charter internet? Thankfully, 9 am passed and they still hadn't arrived so I let out a big sigh of relief. No money, no service I figured. I was thinking of Richard and Tuleana who actually got Charter to come out and install digital TV and internet in their camper.

Now, I am on pins and needles to hear some news out of my father who is at work today. He said he was going to call WOW! when he got a spare moment from filling prescriptions. Will things actually work out for the better for me? Can I get a break on something that has been going on since before Thanksgiving? The WOW! speed I want is 500 Mbps which is much more desirable than Charter's 100 Mbps speed and only ten dollars more than Charter. If I were a praying man, I would be praying about right now.

No comments: