Friday, December 01, 2017

On Tenuous Ground...


First and foremost, Skinny Minny and Jan, thank you so very much for your suggestions and help. You all gave me lots of great ideas and it took you two quite a while to write all that in those little comment boxes. I get my medications in a blister pack separated by the time and day as above. Dad gave me a half weeks supply to get me started.

Well, I woke up this morning and took my two Klonopin and my Coreg. All are for anxiety. At lunch, I will take another 1 mg Klonopin, another Coreg, three lithium, a Depakote, and a risperidone tablet. I will take two more Klonopin and a Coreg when the evening gets here.

I can't believe my father went for it. You should have seen the pained look on his face when he agreed and handed me the medications. I am going to have to be so very careful these first few weeks. Dad is so extremely afraid I will take out all the Klonopin and get supremely drunk. I have often called him the feel good police.

"If I get a whiff of any funny business," he said to me harshly. "Then we are going back to the way we were doing things."

So, I am on very tenuous ground to start. I kept hitting home the point that we need to be doing things that will improve the quality of my life and not what is just convenient to him.

I also take an over the counter medication to help me sleep and my father decided to keep them and give me my two nightly pills when he comes over every night. He was afraid I would abuse them as they are very addictive and habit forming.

3 comments:

skinny minny said...

I am so happy he agreed to let you try this! I think it will be so much better for your mental stability. And will be much better in the long run for everyone.

Summer said...

Were you taking all of those at one time each day?

Kran's Crackers said...

I agree that this will be so much better for you. It will take away a lot of the anxiety associated with your Dad or Charlie coming at all different times to give your medication. I believe it will keep you more on an even keel as you can take them at specific times and make your routine. You have come a long way and I know you'll be so much better off.
Sharon