Monday, December 11, 2017

We Have a Go for Fast Internet...

Dad called me at noon. Maggie and I hadn't been long out of the bed. We slept in this morning. Maggie and I were both feeling our oats this morning in other words we were feeling good -- such a long and restful sleep last night.

"Dave (the WOW! guy) came in the pharmacy the other day and he said they think they have something worked out for you," my father told me. "I just have to call out at the Valley office."

"Please do call dad," I replied urgently. "I have been waiting for this moment since before Thanksgiving."

I was so excited and dad could hear it in my voice.  He chuckled some at my exuberance. I told him what good is having a fast computer with a slow internet connection.

"What you want is going to save us $80 a month as well," he said. "Are you sure you can live without cable TV?"

"I never even turn the TV on," I replied. "I just want the 500 Mbps internet."

"Well, let me finish up my Christmas decorating and I will probably give them a call," dad told me.

"Please do, dad! Please do!" I replied very excitedly as we got off the phone.

It is funny, as in weird, how my mental illness affects me at times. I got to feeling shaky (my mind was busy) from all that excitement and had to sit down and be quiet for about an hour to calm down. I got to feeling panicky as well.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Won’t you miss the weather channel. I have the tv on just for background noise,otherwise too quiet.