Sunday, December 03, 2017

Sorry Papa John's -- Little Caesar's it is...

Dad and I were brainstorming tonight on what to eat. We have both grown wearily tired of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

"Amen!" I muttered under my breath concerning this change for the better.

"Let's get a couple of those $5 dollar Hot-N-Ready Little Caesar's pizzas," I suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea," my father replied.

We left Charlie at my house as I and my father went to get us up something to eat. Charlie was cleaning my fridge the last moment I saw him.

"Can you have enough half-empty jars of mayonnaise?" he asked me jokingly as I shrugged my shoulders.

I needed gasoline badly. I told my father my low fuel warning light was on in my car.

"Let's go fill up both of our cars first," my father told me. "I need gas as well."

Dad was in "my" car or I should say my late mother's Honda. He keeps saying it is going to be mine soon.

It was $2.11 per gallon of regular unleaded gas and it took exactly $30 to fill up my car completely. We dropped my car off back home and we were on our way on the quest for various vittles.

It took us about 30 minutes due to a long and slow drive-thru line at KFC. Charlie insisted on the pot pie $5 dollar fill-up. We had to order Horsefly's chicken strips meal as well. It took only about 5 minutes to get our pizzas at Little Caesar's. The smell of the hot pizza in my lap was heavenly as my father drove us home.

No comments: