Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Green Doodie...

"I bet you never have green doodie," Jermaine told me catching me in Kroger's produce section. "It means you have a lack of potassium in your diet. Bananas are full of potassium."

"That's nice to know, Jermaine," I replied blithely as I grabbed the biggest bunch of slightly green bananas I could find.

Jermaine popped a purple grape into his mouth and said he was going to go see if there were any quick sale specials in the bakery. I got off easy tonight and continued with my shopping with razor sharp focus. I wanted to be finished by the time my father arrived. I quickly finished and was waiting for him up front when he walked in the door.

I didn't do so well tonight grocery shopping price wise. I managed to spend $86 dollars. I didn't mean to and had the grandest aspirations to keep it around $60 dollars again this week. I blame it on the gourmet chicken salad I am so enamored with at the moment and the multitudes of breakfast food I buy every week. My father didn't say anything though and seemed in a chipper and upbeat mood afterwards. I headed to my car in the freezing cold to load up and head home. There was a very brisk northerly wind and the cold just made me frigid and miserable. It was cutting through me like a knife.

"I am going to go get my Honda gassed up," my father told me as we parted ways in the parking lot. "Love you and be careful driving home."

Earlier in the evening, Old Fuss and Feathers and Charlie brought me a great supper.

"It is about time for me to give you another haircut," Charlie noted at my longish locks.

I had slices of barbecued pork roast, sweet potato souffle, some of that wonderful macaroni casserole, and some chicken and dressing. Maggie sat as if frozen in time as she intently watched me eat my meal. I didn't think she would eat the pork with tangy and spicy barbeque sauce all over it, but she scarfed it down despite my worries.

Star Wars Overly Met My Expectations...

Earlier in the day I called my father and told him I was driving down to Auburn to catch the afternoon matinee of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

"Don't go wild at the concession stand," he told me. "Your account doesn't have much money in it."

I forget about it being the end of the month. He said he was going to run to the bank and deposit $100.

The movie was great in my opinion. I saw the original Star Wars in theaters in 1977 so this was a treat to see old familiar faces and the new faces as well. I was disappointed when Luke didn't get into a light saber brawl with Ben Solo at the end. I wanted to see the petulant and arrogant Ben get an ass-kickin' by a master Jedi.

1 comment:

Rita said...

My daughter makes a sweet potato souffle that is delicious. I wonder if it is made with this recipe?
http://ritasrecipesblog.blogspot.com/search/label/sweet%20potatoes