Monday, December 18, 2017

Frugality Was the Name of the Game...


I carefully counted each purchase until I reached $60 and then I made myself quit. It was another whirlwind visit as well as I left the house at 9:00 pm and returned at 9:24 pm. One reason I saved so much money was that they had Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs on sale for $.99 cents a can. I bought a whole flat of the stuff and I am sure I will be tired of it towards the end of the week. My biggest expense was breakfast foods. Maggie and I will be eating extra high on the hog as far as breakfast is concerned this week. It always has traditionally been my biggest meal of the day.

"You head on home," my father told me as we finished checking out, "I am going to do some shopping of my own."

I stepped out into the cold, quickly loaded my still warm car, and headed home.

The only thing they didn't have and it was sorely missed was my Mrs. Grissoms gourmet chicken salad with craisins and pecans. I had to get the original recipe chicken salad. They actually had my Edwards lemon meringue pie this week along with six packs of Vienna sausages which is one of Maggie's favorite treats.

No comments: