Sunday, December 31, 2017

Weather Gods? Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?

The National Weather Service said we would be beseeched with sleet this afternoon. I was met with overcast skies when I walked out of the house to go get my Cokes and smokes. Not a drop of rain fell on the drive over even though the radar looked really busy. It was probably virga and not hitting the ground.

My sister and family were at my father's house when I arrived. I got the treat of driving my sister's new Infinity sport utility vehicle. Wow! They, my brother and sister, live a lifestyle I can only imagine or dream of. My Honda gets me around just fine, though. Although she's starting to look a little ugly being 18 years old.

My sister and father were watching The Crown on Netflix and it was really racy with lots of sex and nudity. It made me squirm in my seat a little bit being around my sister, neice, and father with all that going on the screen. Poor Kathleen, my neice, kept having to cover her eyes and ears on the really racy moments.

"Are y'all bringing supper tonight?" I asked my father before I left as he followed me to the door.

"Charlie and I sure are," he said. "What do you want to eat tonight?"

"Just get me one of those Little Ceasar's $5 Hot-N-Ready pizzas if you don't mind," I told him.

Dad said Charlie and him would be around about 9 pm.

The house is a little worse for wear so I better get to cleaning and taking out the trash before they arrive tonight. I don't want to send Charlie into a cleaning frenzy.

Paramore Fans! Did They Jump the Shark?

I was aghast at the new album they put out called Hard Times. It was an extremely drastic change from their emo alternative rock sound to a more 80's sound. Well, I've listened to the new album several times now and have grown to really enjoy listening to it being a connoisseur of 80's music. I wonder what other Paramore fans think about it?

Their old alternative rock sound.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

The Crown was racy? Was it maybe Game of Thrones? I've heard that GoT is full of sex and nudity. The Crown is about the early days of Queen Elizabeth II.