Wednesday, December 20, 2017

It's Eating Old Fuss and Feathers Alive...

I called dad this afternoon wanting cigarette lighters. My last lighter had bitten the dust. I was lighting my cigarettes on my stove.

"I've got about twenty," my father said. "They give me two free lighters when I buy your cartons of cigarettes."

I sighed with relief. Thank you Circle K for being so generous.

"Bring your medication blister pack when you come," dad said. "I want to make sure you're taking your medications as prescribed."

Dad was worried I was taking out the Klonopin from other days to get a mellow "high". I have been super hyper vigilant and careful to take my medications as I am supposed to. These random spot checks keep me on my toes which I am sure dad intended.

Dad met me at the back door of his house when I pulled into the driveway. Samantha also went flying inside all wet and damp and parked herself in front of dad's space heater in the den and began giving herself a bath.

"You seem to be taking them like you are supposed to," dad said. "You are not throwing them out, are you?"

"Dad, you would see a marked deviation in my behavior if I weren't taking my medications," I told him.

My father agreed with me and told me to always come to him if I needed help in taking them. I told him not to worry and that things are fine.

4 comments:

glittermom said...

I’m glad your in charge of your meds now so they can be taken properly not all at once.

skinny minny said...

Ditto Glittermom! It still blows my mind how many doses you were taking all at once AND that your father ( the pharmacist) thought it was best.
I bet you are feeling much more stable and at very least you don't have to wait for some random time and your father's arrival.

Jan said...

Yep what GM and SM said. They prescribe those meds in those dosages for a reason. I hope you are feeling the difference since you are able to space them out properly.
Things are getting busy around here, lots of family/holiday stuff going on. I might not be back online for a few days, so I'll just wish you a calm, stable and happy Christmas!
Jan

glittermom said...

Did you ever get your WOW visit for your update speed?