Thursday, December 14, 2017

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Day...

"Merry Christmas to you. I won't see you again until after Christmas," I told my nurse, Rebecca, this morning.

Rebecca had been regaling me on all the gifts she had gotten for her two little girls.

"Yes, I spoil them rotten," Rebecca told me with a smile.

It was time for another injection. A routine that has become so integral to my life. Every two weeks I get a new lease on sanity.

"Merry Christmas to you, too!" Rebecca replied as she gave me a heartfelt man hug.

I walked out into the reception area and Dee Dee already had my next appointment set up. The appointment card was sitting on the counter. Dee Dee was on the phone and I mouthed, "Thank you!" She waved at me covering the phone with her hand and mouthed, "Merry Christmas."

I was up at 7 am this morning trying to get Maggie and I a hot plate together. We had just plain scrambled eggs, buttered toast, and some bacon. I thought the bacon would never finish frying. I like it extra crispy. I then called dad at 7:30 am and told him this morning was my injection. He profusely thanked me for remembering as he had forgotten. I should have just shown up at the pharmacy and completely surprised him. That would have gotten old fuss and feathers excited and grateful.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

I think you would miss getting your computer parts for Christmas...clothes are just a necessity like food. I’m against getting clothes for Christmas. That’s just a need. Like wrapping up a ham and can of beans.

Jane said...

The Magster sure is fed well! :O)

Summer said...

LOL glittermom! I never looked at it that way.