Sunday, December 10, 2017

Of Mail Trucks and Charlies...

I was sitting here typing away on the computer in one of my favorite computer hardware forums. Suddenly, a mail truck came flying by my house at a very, very high rate of speed. They don't deliver mail on Sundays so my only assumption left was that it was stolen. Someone has hijacked a mail truck!

Also, my favorite (sarcasm) pedestrian walked by the house again this morning. I call him slim shady harkening back to Eminem, the rapper. You can never see his face due to a black hoodie being worn and he just looks shady. He drives Maggie bonkers. Maggie barked up a storm until he was out of sight. She doesn't do that for the Korean lady who walks by with her daughter every day weather permitting. They always pick up my and George's pecans every year. Maggie will squeal with glee playing with the little girl in the backyard.

Biscuits Galore!

Charlie finally arrived to great fanfare from Maggie. He finally got his car back and his granddaughter's car back to her. It was good to see that silver Caprica ride again!

"It was not an ordeal I want to repeat," Charlie told me with a serious tone to his voice. "I thought I would never get all that sorted out."

Charlie had to drive to Newnan Georgia to get the emissions checked on that car before he could renew his granddaughter's expired tag. He also got a ticket for driving that car with an expired tag. It all started with a flat tire on the interstate weeks ago.

He Who Brings Good...

It is always a good feeling when Charlie arrives with laughter, good food, and cold drinks. Maggie about inhaled her sausage biscuit this morning and then watching me fervently as I ate mine. She never seems to have enough.

"These are my biscuits!" I told her with a harumph as I sat in my Laz-E-Boy eating to the drone of the television.

3 comments:

diana said...

In my neighbourhood there is mail delivery on Sunday. Amazon is delivering 7 days a week. I ordered some biscuits yesterday and they arrived this morning via mail truck. It's lovely, but feels odd still. :-)

glittermom said...

Our USPS delivers packages on Sunday but not reg. Mail

skinny minny said...

Yup the USPS has delivery of packages on Sundays I believe Amazon got them to do it one year at Christmas and they continued after that.