Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Nix on the Grocery Store Visit...

YUMMY to my TUMMY!
"Are you sure you can make it to the grocery store tonight?" I asked my father. "You have to be exhausted."

I didn't realize he had to work today. It is back to business as usual around here.

"I tell you what, dad," I said. "Just get me a double quarter pounder with cheese meal from McDonald's on the way home and I will be fine. We will grocery shop tomorrow night."

My father sounded so relieved. You could hear it in his voice.

"I've got plenty of leftovers from Christmas you can have as well," he told me.

"Yeah, I will probably need a plate tomorrow," I told him. "I desperately want some more of that macaroni casserole being the casserole fiend I am."

My father laughed and said he had to agree that was one of his better casseroles he had ever cooked. He said he would see me about 8 pm.

No comments: