Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ying/Yang/Ebb/Flow...



I aspire to be a good gamer. It is like an exclusive club, but like anything in my short life my interest in gaming waxes and wanes. A lot of the games seem like work like the Elder Scrolls series. Fetch this. Get that. Get 200 gold septims and a pat on the back.  That's not always fun to me and feels like a real job except you get no real-world gains.

Right now, I am playing Metroid Prime using the Dolphin emulator, a USB GameCube controller, and an ISO of the game. The GameCube's graphics are gorgeous, but the game is of the FPS variety or first-person shooter for the layman. I am having trouble keeping interest and it is supposed to be one of the greatest games made according to several gaming publications, websites, and numerous circles. I can't seem to get past the opening sequence of exploring a derelict spaceship.

Wicked Cold Weather on the Way...

I saw where the high temperature was 9° degrees in Chicago yesterday. The temperature is supposed to drop down to 16° degrees here Monday night. I wonder how cold it will be when I am on my grocery gathering trip? I bet it will already be down into the low twenties. Moans. We are just not well suited for that kind of cold. Hell, I don't even own a warm hat or gloves. I have no heavy coats. Just jackets. Man, I'd give my eye tooth for a sweater right now.

1 comment:

amelia said...

-40 here the last two days. This is where C and F meet! Nasty cold!