Friday, December 15, 2017

Inundated With Goodness...


I decided to treat myself at lunch today. No more bologna and PB and J sandwiches which I am tired of. I am running low on groceries this late in the game.

"Dad? I am headed to Roger's for lunch. Do you want me to bring you something to eat?" I asked my father at noon.

I was surprised he didn't put up a fuss as Roger's Barbecue is expensive. He then surprised me again and said he would love a barbecue plate with a baked potato instead of fries.

I sat down to a barbecue sandwich, fries, and slaw. It really hit the spot. The barbecue sandwich was delicious. I ordered dad's food when I was about finished with my meal.

Dad was in a stellar mood today when I delivered his barbecue plate. There was lots of banter, joking and laughing going on. He was so glad to be off of work. He had nothing to do today and he said it was a good feeling. He also said, "Now Martha! Don't you get me up something to do today as well!"

"I've got to work tomorrow, though," he told me with a frown. "I never have to work on Saturdays."

It's not too bad, though, as the pharmacy closes at noon on Saturday.  I had mentioned I wanted more ornaments for my Christmas tree and dad told me to meet him at the drug store at noon and we would run up to Walmart (the evil empire as he calls it) and buy some more.

No comments: