Monday, December 18, 2017

Minds Wracked With Anguish and Fear...

The fickle winds of mental illness are blowing harshly today. I felt so well yesterday and I feel like something the cat covered up in the litterbox today. I just took my noon medications with a tasty, coy, and bubbly diet Coke so I will find out in an hour if I am feeling better. The Magster and I slept so well last night. Maggie is still in the bed snoozing at this later hour in the day. It doesn't help that it is cold, rainy, and gloomy outside. I feel like a do when I have one of my depressive periods.


As If By Magic...

The medications did the trick. I feel as right as rain now. An hour passed and then suddenly I felt as if I were going to melt into this computer chair. What would I do without modern psychiatry, benzodiazepenes, and atypical antipsychotics?

As I felt better and better, I drove over to my father's house to get my diet Cokes and cigarettes for the day. I was surprised when Charlie was over there and wasn't at work. He had just had a tooth pulled and wasn't feeling well. I know my father was getting on his nerves -- all happy, cheerful, and joking. Papa was feeling his oats today.

"I am going to call you at 9 pm so you can go ahead and get started shopping at Kroger," my father told me. "I will meet you up there."

"I will probably be finished shopping by the time you arrive," I told my father bragging on the convenience of shopping with yours truly.

I had almost forgotten it was grocery day. I have a mind to make my spaghetti and meat sauce tomorrow and I want to make tuna salad. I also want to get lots of breakfast foods.Maggie and I had to contend with fried beef bologna and toasted honey wheat bread this morning.

No comments: