Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas On Christmas Eve...


Christmas Eve started with a big breakfast for the Mags and I. I scrambled cheese eggs, boiled grits, fried bacon, and made more homemade biscuits. I started another pot of coffee, but only took a few sips and gave up -- even with some milk it was unpalatable. I cleaned up from breakfast and the Magster and I crawled back into the bed to get some more sleep which I felt the need for. Anytime is a good time regarding Maggie and sleep.

I was awakened around 1 pm by a knock on the door. I needed to take my noon meds anyway. "Coming!" I said as I quickly pulled on some pants. I looked out the window and there was this sharply dressed, in their Sunday best, white couple obviously wanting to do some witnessing.  I waited until they gave up and left. Little did they know they left a man a nervous wreck in their wake.

My father soon called and told me to come and unwrap my presents before the house got too busy for me. He had a big Christmas party planned for the evening. I quickly headed to the car and drove to my parent's house with a big goofy grin on my face. I had been waiting for this moment for weeks since we ordered my parts. Everything was there except my Audigy soundcard.

"It must not have been delivered yet," my father told me stymied. "I will keep an eye out for it and get Matt to check and see if it shipped."

I had fun anyways installing my two new 4 Terabyte drives. I am backing up my main computer on one of those drives as I write this. Everything installed flawlessly and my new keyboard and mouse feel marvelous in my hands. No more cordless mice for me. I am tired of changing and recharging batteries.

Charlie brought me two big plates of food tonight along with two slices of delicious cake. A red velvet cake Charlie's sister made and a big slice of my father's coconut and pineapple cake. He also brought me a Christmas present which was a very nice Nike shirt. I can envision this shirt becoming my new sleeping shirt it is so pliable and soft. Charlie soon headed home to give Horsefly his Christmas presents.

No comments: