Monday, December 04, 2017

How Do I Keep Missing Jermaine?

"Don't look now," my father said as I was loading up my car with groceries. "Jermaine just pulled into the parking lot."

We left unscathed without 15 minutes of idle chit-chat. Jermaine didn't see us.

"I can wave him over to talk to us," dad told me snarkily.

"With his girth, he can't walk that far," I replied blithely.

My father got to laughing.

"I know I shouldn't laugh, but the way you said that was hilarious," dad replied.

Not So Thrifty...

Ham Salad
I spent $89 dollars tonight. Much more than I usually do. I went overboard on sweets. They now seem to have my lemon meringue pies in stock on a consistent basis. Thank goodness for managers who listen to their customers. My father has complained and complained.

"At least, you got a lot of Marie's meals," my father said as we stood in the checkout line.

I am addicted to a certain chicken salad that costs $4.99 per canister and I bought four canisters. I also got a big jar of creamy JIF peanut butter which was expensive.

For my four journal writing sodas, I got four Mountain Dew special issue "Holiday Brews". It looked interesting so I decided to give it a try.

My impulse buy was a $3.99 canister of Mrs. Grissom's ham salad. I normally don't like ham, but this product looked interesting and fresh.

I Love it When You Say Soup...

Dad brought me a large Tupperware container of potato soup and a pone of cornbread tonight. I think I am going to quit editing and writing this post and go indulge while the soup and cornbread is still warm.

No comments: