Monday, December 11, 2017

Things Are Getting Fishy Around Here...

As soon as I got all my groceries in and put away, I had to try it with much anticipation -- a fancy smoked salmon dip with Keebler Townhouse crackers. It was as delicious as I thought it was going to be. I then gave a cracker with salmon to Maggie and she has followed me around ever since. She is laying behind my computer chair as I write this hoping for more. She'll get a couple more crackers before we retire to the bed which is fast approaching.

My big impulse buy tonight was two Tombstone pepperoni pizzas. Something I never buy. The total tally came out to be $81 dollars. The pizzas put me over the edge being almost $7 dollars a piece. My father didn't flinch or say a word so I guess I am still in his good graces.

"Damn, I'd rather be too hot than too cold," I told him as we walked out of Kroger into the freezing cold of winter as I shivered.

Dad agreed as he pulled his jacket tightly around him. He was smart and got in his warm car and was basking in its heat as I loaded up my car with groceries in the cold next to him. We didn't have our usual jib jab session as we normally do at this point in the process.

What was weird tonight is that I met my father at Kroger around 9pm. He called me and said he would meet me up there -- to go ahead and get started shopping. Normally, he would give me my medications here at the house and do Maggie's ritual before we left. Things felt out of sorts due to this change -- like we were doing something we weren't supposed to or that something was lacking. It has been a major adjustment for the both of us. It has rearranged our routines substantially.

No comments: