Friday, December 22, 2017

It's Christmas Time in the Chattahoochee Valley...


"Let me open my smallest present," I asked my father at noon with fingers crossed.

I knew the smallest box would be my two 4 Terabyte hard drives. I am almost out of space on my emulation computer. Too many Gamecube, Playstation 2, and emulation games.



"No, no, no!" dad replied laughing. "You have to wait until Christmas Eve."

I didn't push the issue. Mom would always let me open one of my presents early every year I complained.

"I am not your mother," dad said when I told him that.

Dad is busy baking a coconut cake which was his mother's specialty and claim to fame. He still has her recipe.

"Now is when I could use your mother's help," he told me. "She could taste the icing and know when it was ready to coat the cake. I hope my layers turn out. I just put them in the oven."

No comments: