Thursday, December 28, 2017

Bleary Eyed But Fortified...


I finally fell asleep at 4 am this morning. Yes, I am cycling again to a nocturnal existence. It might be one week or two weeks of late nights and sleeping in the day before I am back to a diurnal existence again. The shrill ring of the phone woke me up at 8:30 am.

"Chuck? You up and at em?" my father asked cheerily.

"I am now," I replied with a moan. "Glad you called. I will see you at the pharmacy at nine."

I hastily dressed and put on lots of deodorant as I didn't have time for a shower.

The warm lobby at Kamath Medical felt absolutely wonderful. I basked in its heat as I waited for my nurse to call me back -- warmth was just returning to my toes. As usual, I didn't have to wait long.

My injection burned something terrible this morning, but I grinned and bared it. This was after a lengthy conversation with my nurse about what we got for Christmas.

"I wish I had a hobby like you do with computers," Rebecca told me.

When I got back to the pharmacy, I talked to Matt, the computer guy extraordinaire.

"They were out of stock on that sound card you wanted for Christmas," Matt told me. "I am going to reorder it today when I get some spare time."

I thanked Matt profusely and made my way back up through the Valley to home.

No comments: