Tuesday, August 30, 2016

And the Tropics Ignite...

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/
It has been a lot of years since I've seen the tropics and the Gulf of Mexico so filled to the brim with various tropical storm systems. It seems to have exploded overnight in intensity. There is even a very potent Hurricane headed for the big island of Hawaii. It's not very often that will happen. It is classic looking hurricane in every sense of the word.

My father arrived from work a moment ago for the medication ritual. He was loosening his necktie as he walked across my front yard holding my medications in his other hand. He wanted me to quickly tune my television to The Weather Channel. We gazed for awhile until we had to tear ourselves away from the television and complete Maggie's food and water ritual. She was hungry and getting pretty persistently insistent for a moment there.

"Maybe we will get some good rain out of all of these tropical systems," my father told me enthusiastically as he gave the Magster the attention she so craves. "We're parched in central Alabama."

"You picked an opportune time to go to Florida last week," I replied to Johnny Otis. "You almost got caught in a mess."

1 comment:

diana said...

Twin Pacific Hurricanes Lester and Madeline very rare event headed for Hawaii.
My Mum lives in Florida and is not looking forward to a near hurricane-strength storm there.
They have been spared the expense and loss of life for several years now and would like to keep it that way.