Saturday, August 20, 2016

Midnight Thunderstorms Abound...

I awoke at midnight and we were having a little thunderstorm to greet us. It was just pouring rain and the lightning show was entirely impressive. I usually sleep through these storms and lament their passage when my father tells me about it the next day. I am a very sound sleeper.

As usual, a freight train is roaring through downtown as it often does here during inclement weather. My father has begun noticing this little quirk as well.

What is going on over there you might ask? Well our dearest Maggie just begged me into bringing her food dish with fresh food into the computer room. That's our usual routine among us just usually it is much earlier around 9pm.

The cooties have gone away with a big thank you to Jan, my friend, who helped with that. A few weeks after Maggie's dog food diet and she is much better. She is not nearly as scratchy or itchy.

Dad leaves for Gulf Shores in the morning at 8m.

"Be sure to look after your mother every day and Charlie will be feeding you and your medications every night," my father told me. "Charlie is going grocery shopping with you as well."

1 comment:

Jan said...

My late husband used to call my internet friends my invisible friends...and that's just what we are around here, invisible friends and family. I'm so happy that together, we were able to cure Maggie's cooties! She has to be thankful that she isn't itchy and scratchy!

Kudos to you! I know it wasn't easy not sharing your people food...

You're a great doggie daddy!