Monday, August 01, 2016

They Can Sometimes Call Me the Flash...

http://www.freestufffinder.com
"Are you finished all ready?" my father asked me with a scoff --sounding rather alarmed as well. "We just got inside the store!"

Dad was standing at the magazine rack perusing publications when he looked at me over his reading glasses to say that. He also closely looked at my shopping cart.

I had a grocery list and then put each item in their respective places in the store in an order to find them as I shopped. Boom! Bam! I was out of there and I only spent $63 dollars. There were no impulse buys tonight. My only obsessiveness was buying two huge jumbo bunches of bananas. I blame that on my father as he got me hooked on that tropical treat.

"I am having an anxiety attack!" I then shakily whispered to my father as we were checking out.

It came upon me suddenly and the grocery store being bonkers didn't help matters. I've felt off for some reason all day so I knew it was on the way. It was just a matter of time.

"Just hold on a few more seconds and we will be headed home," dad whispered back after swiping his debit card.

My feeble mind did remember to get my two Mountain Dew Baja Blast lime drinks which are so enjoyable after drinking diet sodas all week. I love to drink them when I am crafting Monday nights grocery day debriefing. That is one just down and another ready to go. Ice cold!

About that time, my medications started to kick in, You could feel it in the seat of my pants and with a renewed clarity about things. I sighed with relief, and I was on my way home back down busy Hwy 29. I felt immediately better to be let loose from the frenetic insides and craziness of that grocery store.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Did you get any substantial type food? Good thing you get food from the family sometimes....

Rita said...

Yes, your shopping list, put together by area or section of the store is helping! It works for me and seems to work for you!