Sunday, August 07, 2016

Close Calls But Alls Well that Ends Well...

http://www.keyword-suggestions.com/
I ran up to Kroger last hour to get some whole milk. I still had two big bags of Kroger frosted flakes left from last Monday. My ex-wife would have just eat the cereal dry. Something for which I could barely or ever have the taste to do. I would be in the dire straights of hunger to do that.

Kroger was super crazy this late afternoon as I was getting my two gallons of sweet milk. I checked out in the self checkout line which makes things infinitely more easy once you learn to use one, Soon as I pulled into my driveway at home, Charlie pulled up to the curb with my Sunday fried chicken meal. That was a close call to say the least. I forgot about it being Sunday.

"I almost missed you!" I told Charlie as he walked across the yard.

I felt extremely relieved.. Charlie laughed and said he was just going to give Maggie my meal in the backyard.

"Where's dad?" I asked thinking of the ramifications of him seeing me driving home with two gallons of extra milk.

"He is taking the grandchildren home down in Auburn," Charlie replied. "So you are stuck with me!"

Charlie didn't have much to do cleaning wise tonight so he got busy sweeping and swiffering my hardwood floors.

"Maggie sure sheds a lot," Charlie told me as an observation and not a scolding.

Charlie can do do in 15 minutes what takes me an hour to do myself. We then fed and watered Maggie and Charlie was on his way.

No comments: