Monday, August 29, 2016

The Information We Glean...

Our Sunday night fried chicken adventures went without a hitch. My father didn't have enough time in the day to convey all of his Florida trip to me. He was talking a mile a minute. I felt a little overwhelmed when they first arrived being the hermit that I am. Things went very quickly from zero to sixty.

Charlie was furiously and fastidiously sweeping my hardwood floors last night after my father and he arrived.

Charlie was also talking last night about his tour of duty in the Air Force when he was much younger. He was stationed in Thailand for the duration of his service.

"I couldn't eat all that strange and weird food," Charlie told  me. "I lived on bananas for the duration of my service. I about starved to death."

It is hard to believe Charlie was ever in the armed services -- especially him taking orders from someone else.

"I needed the G.I. Bill to go to and pay for college," Charlie told me.

Charlie cleaned in 15 minutes what would have taken me an hour. He mainly got up all of Maggie's shed hair in each corner of my rooms. "Super dust bunnies," as Charlie called them.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I like all that Asian food...Thai food is very good...I guess some people don't like to try new stuff...